We are looking for people who come from one of our partner countries, who have completed a degree course in Germany or gained considerable expertise in the working world, and who now wish to return to their country of origin and make a useful contribution.
- The term ‘returning expert’ is used for those who have gained technical or managerial skills through study and work in Germany and who then go on to use their knowledge and expertise in their country of origin
- You are a citizen of, or have a migration background in, a developing country, emerging economy or a country in transition
- You have completed your education or training in Germany or gained at least two years’ professional experience
- You are currently resident in Germany
- you wish to return to one of our partner countries: Albania, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Palestinian territories, Peru, Senegal, Serbia, Tunisia, Ukraine, Viet Nam
- You would like to find a job that contributes to development in the employer’s home country
- A suitable job with a local employer
- A top-up on your local salary
- Internship placements and internship subsidies
- Training allowances
- Paid travel and relocation expenses
- Workplace equipment
- Individual advice on returning to your country of origin and career planning
- Local support network
The Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) supports short-term assignments of experts in volunteer roles. CIM is jointly run by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and the German Federal Employment Agency. It has been providing a combination of development and labour market policy expertise since 1980. CIM’s returning experts programme focuses on the transfer of knowledge in specific areas. We do this by recruiting people from one of our partner countries who have studied or worked in Germany and placing them with local employers in their home country. Our aim is to find exactly the right position for you, where you can use your knowledge, experience and contacts to everyone’s benefit – yourself as a returning expert, but also your employer, your home country and, not least, Germany.
A: Share with your Social Media Account
Click on one of the following icons:
B: Share via email
Mandatory fields are marked with (*).