Do you have several years of work experience and expertise in a specific field? Do you currently live and work in Germany and want to put your skills to good use in your country of origin?
- The term ‘diaspora experts’ is used for well-qualified and skilled people with a migration background who wish to support their country of origin by putting their expertise to good use as volunteers
- As a diaspora expert, you will pass on your knowledge and skills through short-term assignments in development projects involving local organisations
- his is a great way to support development in your country of origin while achieving a sense of personal fulfilment
- You are currently living in Germany and have a migration background in one of the following countries: Albania, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Serbia, Tunisia, Ukraine or Viet Nam
- You have completed your vocational training or degree in Germany and have several years’ experience in the field in which you would like to work during your assignment
- You are planning to undertake a short-term assignment of between three weeks and six months in a development-related area
- Financial assistance towards your expenses during the assignment
- Paid travel expenses
- a basic insurance package
- Referrals to suitable organisations that are interested in your expertise
- Local support during your assignment from our team of coordinators
The Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) supports short-term assignments of experts in volunteer roles. CIM is jointly run by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and the German Federal Employment Agency. It has been providing a combination of development and labour market policy expertise since 1980.
A: Share with your Social Media Account
Click on one of the following icons:
B: Share via email
Mandatory fields are marked with (*).